2/20/13

The Adventure, Pixie Storytime and The Dreaming Treehouse

It's been a long while since the last update... I was caught up with completing my thesis on painting style in Brunei. Now that the writing's been done, I've finally got the time to reconnect with my drawings once more!!! It's the most beautiful feeling ever :)

'The Adventure' is based on how I'm feeling with my life becoming more of an adventure than being stuck in drudgery. Though I'd love for my life to be like my drawings, I've learned to accept this reality for what it is and still carry that spark of the other place within my heart constantly. This is what keeps me enthusiastic and inspired for the next day!

I've always wanted to draw a scene where you are led from a hill in the foreground to the wide ocean in the distance. The possibilities are out there!

Closer look at the girl and the jaguar. These characters are inspired by the people I meet in my life :)

'Pixie Storytime' is a small watercolour piece in progress. A peaceful moment in time.

Lastly it's 'The Dreaming Treehouse'! Drew this a while ago, finally getting on with the colouring! Sometimes I'd find this one colour, texture of background that can get a drawing rolling and it feels awesome when things fall into place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment