12/14/11

The Spider Cafe - Completed

It all starts with a spider's photo and a lil' thumbnail sketch...I like how my ideas appear, it's as if they are beamed to me or something!

 Amazing what a little idea can transform into given the time and effort! I'm very happy with how this turned out! I like my clouds swirly and my toadstools stripey...

 Detail of the cafe. I added in the flying creatures after my mom commented how there was not enough movement in the skies.

 This was the part giving me so much grief near the end. Soph saw it and commented how everything was blending into one another so I darkened the darks and it all clicked! That was the best feeling ever. It's like scratching an itch between your shoulder blades or something!

The other thing that got me all excited was when I took out my other drawings while taking photos of the Spider Cafe...and I realized I've got 8 drawings!!! 3 A2 sized ones (The Sky Whale, Deep Ocean, The Spider Cafe) and 5 medium sized ones (The Embrace, Lord Nevermore, The Meeting, Telling Tales, The Tree of Dreams). I've got two more ideas, both A2 sized drawings, lined up after this and with 10 pieces complete dare I say...I'll have enough for an exhibition! YEEEAH!

I know I've been saying that for more than a year now but finally it doesn't seem too far away now! Though I've had these drawings up on my online portfolio but especially for the big ones, seeing it in person is a whole different experience :) So yeah, that's what I'm looking forward to next year~

No comments:

Post a Comment