10/21/09

Roses Are Blue

This was a piece started sometime in August but didn't get finished until October, just before CV2. :) It's a birthday present for a dear friend. Of course, typical Winnie style, the present was 2 weeks late. But I finished it on time! Just that the time didn't take into account of the framing :P

Colouring it was a lot of fun! I haven't used colour pencils for close to a decade and rediscovering this medium was kinda awesome for me :D I originally wanted to do the colouring in Illustrator, but that wouldn't have had the personal look I was going for.

Closeup of the blue little alien amongst blue roses. :)

2 comments:

  1. Is it just a coincidence that meanwhile they announced the unveiling of the first true blue roses? You're ahead of it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know that!!! I just have a friend who loves blue roses...I'm sure she'll be very happy to learn that they've finally created true blue roses! :D

    ReplyDelete